The modern technology, especially the use of cell phone, has greatly affected the whole society, from school children to adults. Although these gadgets have made our lives easier, they seriously impact our health. They emit electromagnetic waves which affect people’s DNA, thus leading to increased brain cancer rates.
Children, because of the thin skin, can absorb much more radiation than adult people. A group of 31 scientists, from 14 different countries have conducted a study regarding the dangers of cell phone use.
Below is a video of Dr. Devra Davis outlining the various dangers associated with these devices.
There are steps you can take:
1. Don’t let your child use a cell phone or any other similar gadget.
As children are most vulnerable, protect your children. They don’t need a cell phone!
2. Limit your own cell phone use.
Turn your cell phone off more often. Reserve it for emergencies or important matters. As long as your cell phone is on, it emits radiation intermittently, even when you are not actually making a call. Use a land line at home and at work.
3. Don’t use your cell phone when you have low reception.
In this case, your cell phone uses more power and emits more radiation. So, use it when there is a good reception and full bars.
4. Store your cell phone safely.
Make sure you use a headset for making calls and avoid placing your cell phone against your body.
Other important tips:
– Avoid using laptop computers on your lap.
– Try to limit use of other dirty electricity devises such as electric blankets and heating pads.
– Remove electrical devices from your sleeping area. If you must use an electric alarm clock, keep it at least five inches from your body when sleeping. Or, opt for a battery-operated clock.
– Computer monitors and flat-screen TV emit less EMFs.
– Walk barefoot. Our body absorbs negative ions from the ground, which reduces stress hormones.
– Use 100 percent beeswax candles and Himalayan salt lamps in your home and office to absorb EMFs from the air. Salt lamps serve as natural room ionizers, emitting negative ions into the environment that effectively bind with all the excess positive ions, reducing EMFs, killing bacteria and purifying the air.